PRE- ENROLLMENT INFORMATION AND GENERAL RULES
Each prospective student receives a catalog. Although general rules are reviewed during orientation, students are individually responsible for knowledge of all Institution rules and regulations including student conduct, attendance, make-up work, termination, etc. published in this catalog or communicated by the administration via written notices. Students must be aware that criteria for admission and/or graduation may differ depending upon the individual program. Some programs demand more stringent requirements than others. For more detailed information, contact the respective department. Each student receives a syllabus when class starts. The syllabus contains methods and practices used in each of the academic departments in order to facilitate the students’ learning process.
The general requirements for admission to The Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy are as follows:
1. All applicants must take and pass a standardized entrance test. In addition, applicants must:
2. Have a high Institution diploma or the equivalency: or
3. Pass a standardized test that measures the student’s ability to be successfully trained if they are beyond the age of compulsory.
Institution attendance (18 years old or over) in the State of California. This standardized test is referred to as the Ability-to-Benefit (ATB) test.
Applicants are advised to call the Institution for an appointment to discuss admission requirements and procedures. Each applicant will be interviewed individually so that the Institution may better understand the career goals of the applicant, and the applicant can better understand the programs of the Institution. As part of the admissions procedures, all applicants are required to:
1. Complete an application for admission:
2. Take and pass the Institution’s entrance test which is designed to measure the applicant’s aptitude to successfully complete the educational program for which the applicant has applied. Specific testing requirements are detailed in the Capacity-to-Benefit-from-Instruction and the Ability-to-Benefit policy sections of this catalog;
3. Have an interview with a representative of the Admissions Department.
4. Have an interview with a Financial Planning Department Representative prior to completing the enrollment process to discuss payment plans.
5. Complete all necessary paperwork for admission.
6. Receive a catalog.
7. Take a tour of the facility.
Upon completion of the admission procedures, the student will be notified of the Institution decision regarding admission. During the interview, certain disclosures such as completion and placement rates of graduates will be made. In addition, tuition and payment plans, and the applicant’s professional and educational goals will be discussed. Once the student is provided with an Institution catalog, it is the responsibility of that student to familiarize himself/herself with all the Institution rules and comply with the contents of the catalog. The Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy through appropriate action, reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time within the student’s term of training. The provisions of this publication do, however, supersede any previously state provisions either written or oral. As part of our Admissions policies, this is our policy regarding the acceptance of credits earned at other Institutions or through challenge examinations and achievement tests, admissions requirements for ability-to-benefit students: “Our Institution does not have an articulation agreement, between our Institution and any other Institution or university that provides for the transfer of credits earned in the program of instruction.”
“NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION”
“The transferability of credits you earn at Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy, is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the diploma you earn in the Educational Program, is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the diploma that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy to determine if your diploma will transfer.”
Students previously enrolled in an accredited Institution of courses may submit their academic records to Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy for review and possible transfer of credit.
The Institution may:
1) accept the transfer credit based upon a review of the official transcript from an accredited Institution provided those courses are part of the Institution’s approved curriculum for that program of study. and/or
2) administer a comprehensive exam for each course that measures and affirms the student’s previous education and training experience. A score of 75% or better is required for each such exam in order to receive credit for that particular course. It may be necessary to administer a series of examinations both in theory and hands-on in order to validate the granting of credit for experiential learning, previous education, and work experience. If a satisfactory result is achieved, the student’s training period may be reduced proportionately. Students who are granted such credit may have their tuition reduced proportionately.
Credits earned at Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy may be transferable to other similar Institutions at the discretion of that Institution. Transfer of credit may occur if there is an agreement between that Institution and Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy or under certain regulatory requirements. In addition, a diploma earned at Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy may not serve as a basis for obtaining a higher-level degree at another Institution or university. However, partial credits earned at Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy’s Vocational Educational Programs are transferable to some other postsecondary Institutions offering a similar cosmetology program and may be transferable to some community Institutions at their discretion and according to their policy.
Cosmetica Beauty and Barbering Academy does not recruit students already attending or admitted to another Institution offering a similar program of study.